Bonaire Pics - 2 of 5: The Dry Stuff (me getting the shot)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Jaye will often take shots of me taking shots. Its kinda creepy, kinda cool. I love her for it.

This is a small collection of shots, and me taking the shots, as seen by Jaye and by Will.

Full Bonaire Gallery here: Bonaire, Baby!

Enjoy!

---
Ken

================================

Red Slave - This is a shot featuring most of Red Slave (looking away from the sun...) The structures are more numerous and the compound has a lot more going on than White Slave. Jaye got a shot of me getting the shot.
Red-Slave-Long-View.jpg

Invisibles Stack - All along the southern end of Bonaire, people erect sculptures of all kinds. Some as simple as stacked rocks. Some integrate washed up junk and sticks and trash and make these mega sculptures. This was a little stack right at the dive site Invisibles. Jaye got a shot of me getting the shot.
Invisibles-and-Rock-Stack.jpg

Ken-in-Rear-View---Jaye.jpg

Red Slave Coral Wall - there are small ruins all over the south end of the island. When I was shooting some stuff at Red Slave, I noticed the remans of a building. When I got closer, I saw that the build had mixed old coral with the cement. The walls, the floor, the foundation - all had coral mixed in. Its interesting to see the cement decaying away but the coral still remains. Jaye got a shot of her getting a shot of me getting the shot...
coral-wall-_2.jpg

Jaye-Shooting-Ken-Shooting-Stuff.jpg

White Slave Rooftops - you can't appreciate how small these huts are until you see them up close. This was shot with the 105mm on the day I hopped a ride with Will and Kristen. Will got a shot of me getting the shot.

Flamingo Flight - when you get too close to Flamingos, they first get really nervous, then they bolt. Their call reminds me of the call of a Canada goose - that hollow honking sound. Never in a million years would I match that call to this bird. Jaye got a shot of me scaring the wildlife.
Flamingo-Flight.jpg

Ken-Shooting-Flamingos.jpg

White Slave Wide - this is a shot of what you see when you pull into White Slave. Jaye got a shot of me getting the shot.
White-Slave-with-Yellow-Rock.jpg

Ken-getting-White-Slave-Shot.jpg

Red Slave from Roadside - Unlike White Slave, Red Slave has huts on both sides of the road. There is never, ever a reason to graffiti something like these slave huts. If you go to Bonaire, do not write your name on stuff. Will got a shot of me getting the shot from the back of their Buddy Mobile.
Red-Slave-from-Roadside.jpg

Lighthouse Point - there is a pretty cool lighthouse at the southern tip. Next to it is this burned out building - both are right off the road. We couldn't figure out if it was a church or a school or just was once a pretty nice home with a million-dollar view. Jaye got a shot of me getting the shot.
LIght-house-point.jpg

Ken-shooting-light-house.jpg

************* Bonaire Dashboard *************

There will be 5 parts to the Bonaire pics:

1. Dry Stuff - just shots Jaye and I took on our dry time
2. Dry Stuff - shots of me getting the shots
3. Dry Stuff - Buddy's resort
4. The Macros - the small stuff (there is also a Bonus Macros (call it 4-A) set)
5. The Wides - the big stuff

Bold = You are here. Links to the others as I put them up.

Kenny's Bonaire Blog is here: Linky

Full gallery of Bonaire Pics is here: Bonaire, Baby!

Back
Top Bottom