Pompano Beach Diving Accident - Nov. 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jadairiii

Contributor
Reaction score
Coming up from our dive yesterday morning there was a lot of activity and chatter on the vhf regarding an accident (fatality?) just south of the inlet off Pompano, a female diver. Anyone have any details?

Sea Dog, Pompano Bch, Capt Dan-115' to bottom. BT 9 min. About 9 minutes into dive a 54 year old hard core experienced female diver 1000+, didn't feel well at depth and started accent on the anchor line tied into wreck, about 10 seconds up suffered a heart attack and became unconscious and not breathing, reg half in and half out of mouth, reg was held in place and head tilted back and surfaced with assistance Thanks to the dive master Mackenzy who went above and beyond with relentless CPR on her, with great sadness she didn't make it and will be missed by many, she was my dive buddy for 10 years.

My heartfelt condolences! This must have been a very hard thing to watch!

Sorry to hear. She was doing what she loved and I'm sure she will be still with you on every dive

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your dive buddy, as others have said she was doing what she enjoyed. I also appreciate the clear information on this event it kills the need for wild speculation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom