Best way to mount comp/compass ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_dragon_no1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Doing cold water diving with drygloves and permanent ringsystem mounted to the suit.
Have used regular wrist straps, but don't like it.. to much fiddling with fat drygloves on.
Have tryed (currently use) bungee mount for both compass and comp.. but i find it aswell to be abit.. hmm.. well not optimal.. its just so tight to pull over the ringsystem, and still keeping it tight enough on the arm..

Would like something like a bungee mount with like a quick release! But no lame plastic solution tho..

Anyone got a good solution ?

Doing cold water diving with drygloves and permanent ringsystem mounted to the suit.
Have used regular wrist straps, but don't like it.. to much fiddling with fat drygloves on.
Have tryed (currently use) bungee mount for both compass and comp.. but i find it aswell to be abit.. hmm.. well not optimal.. its just so tight to pull over the ringsystem, and still keeping it tight enough on the arm..

Would like something like a bungee mount with like a quick release! But no lame plastic solution tho..

Anyone got a good solution ?

Here is an imperfect picture, sorry I can't find a better one. . .

P1010147.JPG

The loop that goes closest to your elbow is sized to fit. The one nearest the wrist is left long(er). Once you have it threaded onto your wrist, you pull the running end on the loop nearest your wrist (the one without the knot) back up through the DSS mount hole and wrap it around the body of the compass/computer.

Works beautifully for me

I do the same, but its not ideal i think.. it still becomes "to tight" to mount. . One side of the loop is all good to get on, but the sec one gets so freaking tight... and wise versa when takong it of..

---------- Post added November 6th, 2014 at 05:04 PM ----------

315596bdb0ee994749e53a2a7dbe3eea.jpg

My current temporary setup.. (awaiting proper mount) so you can see it's easy to adjust. . But still is a pain in the a** :p

The bungie you are using is too thick. Look at the difference between yours and the photo above.

Is only 4mm. To thick ??

Too thick and your mount doesn't look like it will easily support this threading scheme.

Here is a picture of my computer in a Deep Sea Supply mount:

photo (5).jpg

I also put a fishermans knot in mine so it can easily be adjusted from thin wetsuit to thick drysuit.

Yes, 4mm is too thick. I think the stuff I use (which I also use for necklaces) is more like 2.

Ok thanks will get a hold of some thinner then.
Like i sayd above, my current solution is a temp one.. em awaiting a decent mount (DSS) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom