Diving in South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwalsh787

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I will be traveling to South Africa from June 10th to June 22nd. I will be with a University group, but I'm hoping I can sneak in a dive or two.

We'll mostly be in Johannesburg, but I am hoping to be able to get to the coast.

Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated:D

Mike

From Jhb, and within your time constraints there are limited options. Sodwana Bay - Tropical reef type diving, with fun launches fully kitted in a small "rubber duck" through the breakers. An alternative would be Aliwal Shoal famous for Raggy Cave, a little further south on the East Coast than Sodwana. If you had a little more time imo the diving is better in southern Mocambique, (ponto de Malongane, ponto do ouro etc). Hope it works out.

Hi,
you would be better getting to Aliwal Shoal as the journey time is much better either 5/6 hrs drive or 1hr flight. Sodwana Bay has road works from Johannesburgh and can take up to 10 hrs to drive there.
I can arrange the dives for you as well as accommodation. Let me know the dates and what you are interested in and I can assist in anyway possible.
You can also use my work mail info@agulhashouse.com or +27 39 973 1640
hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom