Simple, back inflate BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!

I'm in the market for a new BC...and I'm convinced that I want a back inflate model. I've seen the posts about the BP/Wings, and this intrigues me, but I think that they may be cost prohibitive (maybe you can provide better advice).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I don't want integrated weight (unless it's possible to wear a weight belt while using a weight-integrated BC?), and I'd like it to be somewhat simple and inexpensive. I've got a budget of around $250, and I could go a bit above or a bit below that mark. I'd like a pocket or two that I can carry a light and a small camera in, and maybe a place to tuck my console.

In advance, I appreciate your help!

What is your budget?

Sorry! :(

gfisher4792:
Are you willing to go the internet/ebay route?

Absolutely! But I'd like recommendations of model names/numbers...to help filter things out a bit...

BrianS:
Why don't you want a weight integrated?

That addresses "simple".

Actually, I would go with a weight-integrated if it's possible to dive one with a weight belt and no weights in the BC. But I plan to dive in various locations and situations, and using a weight belt is so much more common...

I want to avoid the difficulties of travel and boat diving. I think flexibility is the key.

Let me know your thoughts.

You can use a weightbelt with a WI BC, some people even use both to get a different distribution of weights if they carry a fair amount. But if you're concerned about pockets you may get better pockets in a non-WI, some WIs don't even have pockets or they are more limited because the weight pockets are in the way. Also if you're looking for cheaper and simpler, going non-WI may help, no point having them if you aren't going to use them.

Personally if you don't want WI and the option of pockets your best bet will probably be a BP/W. No I don't own one but would.

If you are going for "what is common around here" then you won't be buying a BP.

Do some searching on your own and then post back as to what you like and we can give your OUR opinion..right or wrong for you it is ours. Your budget will be the big factor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom