Halcyon ACB again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IvanM

Registered
Reaction score
I had a question before about the ACB system, but I need to ask it again…most people recommended some other products because the ACB was expensive, but if money was not an issue and you based your opinion on the usefulness and practicality of the system, would you buy it? Also, I usually need only about 4 kilos on my waist, so the smaller model should be enough.
I live in a relatively isolated country, so I am limited in my choices of gear to a web store that ships here. The price for the ACB is reasonable, so I am really thinking about them. It would just make sense to me to have one less belt around my waist. Also, unfortunately where I live nobody I know has anything similar, so there is really no way to test before I buy…..any opinions are very welcome…Thanks

I have the larger verion of the Halcyon ACB system because I do mostly cold water diving and need a little extra weight. I used to have the Dive-Rite weight pouches and prefer the Halcyone system better. They take up a lot of space on the belt but I find them more comfortable and streamlined.

The only problem I've had is when diving with my SS backpate in a 3mil suit, I only have to wear 4 pounds. With the pockets almost empty they tend to fall out given their design. With more weight all is good.

So cost aside, I prefer them compared to other weight systems.

Back
Top Bottom