Inherent Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevensally

Registered
Reaction score
Hi , I see in the scuba reviews that they give the inherent buoyancy for the BCD's they test, however I do not seem to be able to find this information for the Scubapro Glide 1000. The shops seem to confuse inherent buoyancy with maximum lift. Can anyone tell me this info. Thanks

Which shops?

I would be weary of a shop that confuses such basic concepts. If they have good prices, by all means buy from them. But don't ask them questions.

Sorry, I don't know specifics about that BC.

Thanks for the input. The shop I went to do very good discounts. Browsing the web and even on this thread there appears to be virtually no information regarding the inherent buoyancy of BCD's. Even the manufacturers web sites do not provide this info, which surprises me since I would have thought that having to carrying an extra 2KG or so of lead just to offset the jackets buoyancy would have been something divers would be interested in. The only source I have found that test this parameter is the scubalab tests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom