Transpac II 2005 vs 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frost

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a new diver getting new gear for the first time, and I'd like to know if there are any major differences between the Transpac II models for 2005 and 2006 other than the revised sizing. Thanx in advance! :05:

They do now. Enough to warrant dumping all their "older" stock for bargain prices, anyway. The new models have axed the "II" designation, and are all now called TransPac's, just like the good 'ol days.

Although I too am hazy about what differences there are between the TP2 and the "New TP".

Solve the problem this way........get the TransPlate and be happier

I have a 2006 model TransPac. Bought it three weeks ago. The changes I can see aren't major. They are as follows:

Revised styling - The two LP Inflator velcro hose retainers on the shoulder straps (don't know the official terminology) are now embossed rubber with updated logos as opposed to cordura with old embroidered logos.

More D-Rings - The new Transpack comes standard with 4-Shoulder D-rings and two waist D-rings. The waist belt D-rings on the 2006 model are mounted in front of the shoulder strap stabilization plates. On the older version they were mounted behind them.

I believe the webbing and the shoulder straps are a little longer for greater adjustability. Not sure on that one.

The Rec Wing I purchased also has and updated logo. It no longer says Dive Rite. It just says "Rec Wing" in red. There is a small rubber embossed Dive Rite "badge" up at the top-center of the wing.

Neither Dive Rite's offical site, or Dive Rite Express have posted pictures of the updated version yet. I would post pictures for you to see, but I flooded my camera. :crying:

Dstone20:
Revised styling - The two LP Inflator velcro hose retainers on the shoulder straps (don't know the official terminology) are now embossed rubber with updated logos as opposed to cordura with old embroidered logos.
Huh... wonder why they switched to rubber. I'd have thought the cordura to be tougher in the long term.

I believe the webbing and the shoulder straps are a little longer for greater adjustability. Not sure on that one.
I hope so. I know some folks that would appreciate this option.

I was hoping the transweight system would be redesigned. Nuts.

Thanks for the review dstone!

Thanx for the replies! Having some photos would be a real bonus though! :D

I love my "old transpac", not sure after seeing the new ones that I would buy it....I am a hold out from a BP/W system and really like my transpac...not liking the new ones...either I go to a Back plate all the time or get some one to "make" me a new transpac per my specs....which I may do...
K

"course" the tech guys don't like it....
'speciially" with my twin 80s
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom