want to ditch my aeris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccaigk1

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey all,

I just recently bought an aeries atmos xt from my LDS. It has one quarry dive on it and is the latest model year It fit fine in the store by underwater is a differnt story. It just doesnt feel right on my frame ( im 6'0 160 lbs, have wide shoulders but a very narrow midsection) I feel like it rides up, ive tried multiple adjustemnts and its just not right ( b/c is size medium) anyways, i think id like to sell it and by a zeagle ( dive buddy had a ranger in medium and it felt like more weight was around the waist, it didnt move up on my body. Im a student on a budget and cant afford to take a hit on this ( paid $400, and ate easy-mac for 2 weeks to afford it) do u guys think i can reasonably exepct to sell it and make most of my $ back ( my lds doesnt carry zeagle so i dont think a store credit return would work, even if they did it). thanks for the advice

-Kevin

Kevin, I am same size, weight, and build and use atmos xt, but I'm really pleased with mine. It does fit "high" but I wear a weight belt. I removed integrated weights and use the spaces for pockets. You might try pulling shoulder straps to their tightest position to secure bc in place so that it doesn't feel like it's moving around, and then pull cumberbund tight. I've always preferred having the tank a little higher rather than hanging down around my butt. Can't help you with selling bc but maybe this info will help you get used to it. For me it was an instantly good match. Maybe you just need to give it another try.

Does it have a depth compensating (elastic) cummerbund? If so be sure to take up on it a little when you don it. It may feel a little snug topside but it will be different in the water.

Unless you find a kind buddy who loves your Aeris you will take a hit.

Pete

Aeris has a 30 day no questions asked guarantee, through participating dive shops. If someone buys any aeris product from us, they can exchange it for any other aeris product, or any other brand we carry, for 30 days from date of purchase... even if used.

You might see if your shop participates in that program.

thanks larry,

I bought it in late october though, is there any wiggle room in that offer?

-kevin

Kevin,

If you stay with the Aeris, one thing you may try that I did to mine is to remove the cumberbun completely. You can then thread a 2" weightbelt around through the backplate and through the loops in the jacket part and use a standard weightbelt buckle. To me this was much easier to snug up underwater if needed.

My older one also has a 1" D-ring in the back that you could probably even use for a crotch strap to if you wanted.

Dennis

mccaigk1:
thanks larry,

I bought it in late october though, is there any wiggle room in that offer?

-kevin

That is up to the store you got it from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom