Oceanic excusion BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarbonZTT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anyone has this yet. No local shops that I found actually stock it and i'm in the market for a BC. I'd like to get some reviews on it before i go and order it.

Don't have it in stock yet or actually dove it but I have had it on. It is comfortable but to me its lacking in a few areas. One: not enough pockets. It has a drop down one similar to the chute 3 which I don't like either. I work with alot of students and need to carry extra stuff. My probe does that with ease. The drop down pocket is good till you get some stuff in it then it flops around against you and is really annoying. Second: I like more d-rings around the bottom. I also would have liked an over the shoulder dump on the right and bring the rear dump valve up front. If you are set on a back inflate it will most likely meet your needs if you are already considering it. But for me I would seriously look at the probe or probe lx. to me it's more bc for the money. At your level of 16-50 dives it may be more than you need right now but you won't regret it in the long run. I plan on going more tech in a year or so but in no way will I get rid of my probe. For working with students and any kind of diving I do now including dry suit it can't be beat. I also just went to oceanics site and they don't even list it yet even though it's in the catalog. I may be wrong on this, but I believe the srp on it will be higher or about the same as the probe. If you don't need the pockets and d-rings go for it. If you do go for the probe. Dandy Don on here also dives one and is keen on it to.

Postscript: Last night's post stated I had tried on the excursion. This is incorrect. After looking at my catalog I realized that what I had tried were the outrigger and the new islander. Sorry for the mix-up. My impressions regarding features of it such as pockets, d-rings, and dumps have not changed based on the description of it in the catalog and the features described by our rep.

Thanks for the info. After a visit to a few lds's i ended up going with the Scuba Pro night Hawk instead.

Back
Top Bottom