Anyone use the VR3??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just Curious if anyone here on the board uses the VR3. I am looking at purchasing the VR3 open curcuit. But before I do I am doing a little research first. I like the upgradable features.....

Is this computer very user friendly??

http://www.vr3.co.uk/

Thanks for your help

Of the tech divers who use a computer, the VR3 is a very popular choice. The thing is bulletproof, has a lot of unique features, and is generally a top notch product from what I've seen. The only downside is the cost; I'm not sure what you're looking to use it for, but Delta P has a new computer called the VR2 that seems pretty capable (if you're not diving trimix). I haven't seen much about it, but it's worth checking into..

I've worn one, but I don't own one. It does have some great features. I just didn't like the display all that much. I wore a VR2 for my Nitrox class and the screen is similar. I guess you get used to it.

I love mine as it is extremely versatile. I can use it for recreational diving, trimix deco diving, and for closed circuit diving. All the "button-pushing" takes a little getting used to but it's intuitive after awhile. For recreational diving it's overkill, but if you plan on advancing through trimix and/or rebreather diving (SCR or CCR), it will save your having to buy another computer down the line.

I have one and love it. It's user friendly, now has available VPM and a color screen. It's the most capable computer going. I dive mixed gas and a rebreather. It will take you wherever you want to go. A neat feature is buying in at a base level and moving up just by purchasing the codes to unlock what you need. Great idea. If you get one you will not be dissappointed. Play with it for a day or two before diving it.
And-----when you program the codes be sure and wait when you put the last digit in. It "communicates" for a while before it sets. Don't jump the gun. Be patient.
Bill

I might suggest that you post this question in the rebreather forum. Plus do a search. The VR3 and the Explorer have been discussed quite a bit. There are pros and cons to each of them. Depends on what you want to do and resources available to you locally. You'll find good and bad experiences with both.

I am looking at the open circuit computer. I mostly do recreational diving. I hope to get to trimix.. currently around where I am diving Trimix really isn't needed. However halifax is only 4hrs drive away and I can use trimix there. I don't like the price tag. But If I never have to buy another computer again......... maybe that's not so bad...... I really like the upgradability....... Appreciate the help!!

Hi,

I got a special deal with Mikes dive store in UK, here the link and emailshop@mikesdivestore.com Web site www.mikesdivestore.com
You can consider buy Delta P VR3 C1 is Open Cercuit Nitox, or you can consideration C2,C3 or C4.
First you must know your diving target, what level are you going too.
I bought VR3 C4 OCN,OCT,CCN,CCT with the shop, I satisfactory his service.
Hope I can help you.

Cheer
Jason:05:

Firediver:
I am looking at the open circuit computer. I mostly do recreational diving. I hope to get to trimix.. currently around where I am diving Trimix really isn't needed. However halifax is only 4hrs drive away and I can use trimix there. I don't like the price tag. But If I never have to buy another computer again......... maybe that's not so bad...... I really like the upgradability....... Appreciate the help!!

Ya might want to check on the prices of some of the upgrades. To upgrade a pre June 2003 VR3 to the VPM algorithm costs a cool $643 POUNDS! (around $1000)

Yep
Have been using a my VR3 for 2 years now both for OC and CCR, never had any problems. Love the display and everything about it.

Have not found a better computer.

Cheers
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom