Atmos-2 Average Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday I made my first dive with my new Aeris Atmos-2. Post dive I logged data from the computer. When I got home I set-up the software and did my first download and that was cool.

The one thing I could not find was a calculated average depth for my SAC calculation. I did an export and crunched it in Excel but would have thought that the average depth would be called out.

Did I miss something?

Pete

I just bought an Atmos 2 but won't be using it for the first time for three weeks. How did you like it? Did it perform up to your expectations?

2.x version of software appears to compute average depth OK, but SAC calculation is still wrong. This had been rerported to Oceanic / Aeris some time ago - no response yet.

Divin'Hoosier:
I just bought an Atmos 2 but won't be using it for the first time for three weeks. How did you like it? Did it perform up to your expectations?

Based on one dive, yes I'm happy. The numbers were easy to read, even the smaller ones and it did all work just fine. The book walks you through the configuration and operation very nicely.

The Areis boot accepted the compass and SPG from my Genesis console just like Scubatoys said it would so it was a painless transition.

I do see a learning curve coming in order to make the most of all the new information and catching it in a glance.

Pete

ocpaul:
2.x version of software appears to compute average depth OK, but SAC calculation is still wrong. This had been rerported to Oceanic / Aeris some time ago - no response yet.

BINGO, I don't know why I didn't think of looking for an update (and patch) but I didn't.

After working the old software it wouldn't download until the dive computer went to sleep but when I woke it up it all went by the book.

Right now I have an Excel spreadsheet I keep my actual log in (including SAC calc) so some of the other bugs are NBD to me. I just need to extract some key numbers.

Thanks again!
ScubaBoard members are awesone, what a community.

Pete

spectrum:
Based on one dive, yes I'm happy. The numbers were easy to read, even the smaller ones and it did all work just fine. The book walks you through the configuration and operation very nicely.

The Areis boot accepted the compass and SPG from my Genesis console just like Scubatoys said it would so it was a painless transition.

I do see a learning curve coming in order to make the most of all the new information and catching it in a glance.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Good to know. I'm working my way through the manual now. Good manual, but not very exciting so it's taking me a bit to get through it. I'm planning on using the simulation and planning modes a bit to become more comfortable with it before our cruise in 3 weeks.

Divin'Hoosier:
Thanks Pete. Good to know. I'm working my way through the manual now. Good manual, but not very exciting so it's taking me a bit to get through it. I'm planning on using the simulation and planning modes a bit to become more comfortable with it before our cruise in 3 weeks.

It get's a lot more intersting when you have a profile of your own to download!

Be careful on the first dive the temptation is there to fiddle with and study the new toy while your buddy swims off or your buoyancy goes to crap.

Just don't let the big number go to zero and you're all set.

Pete

spectrum:
It get's a lot more intersting when you have a profile of your own to download!

Be careful on the first dive the temptation is there to fiddle with and study the new toy while your buddy swims off or your buoyancy goes to crap.

Just don't let the big number go to zero and you're all set.

Pete

I like that ... KISS. Great!!

ocpaul:

I know Doug replied to this a couple of days ago. The SAC is being worked on.

ocpaul:
2.x version of software appears to compute average depth OK, but SAC calculation is still wrong.

Where on earth is it computing an SAC?! I'm using 2.0.3 with an Atmos 2 and two Elites. I've got a tank volume filled in, it's got an average depth, and it's got starting and ending PSI. It's also got a nice, blank area next to where it says "SAC Rate:" I can compute my own SAC and fill it in, but I can't find a way to make it compute one (whether accurate or not.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom