Aladin Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright, all this talk about the smart tec. How bout the aladin tec? Seems that is the direction I'm leaning....any comments before I purchase next week?

Well, I figure I may as well update my own thread. Seeing how there wasnt much info in the search on this I figure I'll share what I found out. Got the Tec and love it! I was able to get just the capsule from Scubatoys at a great price.
It actually fits in the DSS bottom timer boot. I explained that it was going to be used for the Tec and they punched a hole in the side for the IR transfer!
Also, the IRDA that I got that was recommended on another search works flawlessly with windows xp. Came with a bunch of drivers for it. Really like the SmartTrak software that came with the Tec too.

As for the battery issue I read about, I'm keeping a close eye on it and it's still at 100%. Only four dives and me constantly playing with it to program it and such. It is user replaceable so I figured I'd keep a spare around just in case. The manual also states that no data is lost when you change the batteries.

Here's a link to the IRDA I got.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f=pd_bbs_3/102-7097979-4755369?_encoding=UTF8

I have had my Tec for about one year now, over 100 dives. It has not failed me yet.

Back
Top Bottom