Suuto wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichKirby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased the Suunto Mosquito wrist computer. You can turn the dive mode On or Off in the settings. Does leaving the setting On deplete the battery faster? Anyone with a Suunto have any idea whether it makes a difference or not?

I wouldn't worry about battery life. It is user changeable and the battery is like $15.

If I remember correctly, I think the gauge-mode is used mostly if you are going to be in a pool session, freediving, or a ocean session and don't want it to record the dive. If you put it into gauge-mode, you will have to wait 24 hours before you can change it back. My recommendation is to always leave it in the diving mode.

Welcome to Scubaboard!!

I'd turn it off if you're not diving.
My Stinger will automatically switch to dive mode when the water contacts get wet, and I assume draw my current while in dive mode.

RichKirby:
I just purchased the Suunto Mosquito wrist computer. You can turn the dive mode On or Off in the settings. Does leaving the setting On deplete the battery faster? Anyone with a Suunto have any idea whether it makes a difference or not?
the computer uses less power when dive mode is turned OFF... it's in the manual :wink:

i turn it off because sweat or washing hands can cause it to go into water-activation and i find it annoying (that's me)...

@ann marie: mosquito doesn't have a guage mode, only air, free & nitrox... so it records as long as the dive mode is ON... would be nice if suunto has some software upgrade you can upload to the dive comp via cable to add a guage mode

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom