Atomic T2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mannie071

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking about purchasing the Atomic T2 second stage and would like to see what anybody has to say about it. I also would like to know what 1st stage they are using with it. I currently dive with the Atomic Ti2 with a SS Swivel and a Scubapro MK17 1st stage and absolutely love it but I am thinking about giving that to my wife and than purchasing a new Setup like the Atomic T2.

huh, the T2 is sold as a FIRST and SECOND stage!!! ALL TITANUIM!..and dude the Ti2 is just an Octo....But anyway, the T2 is a GREAT REG...BREATHEs Awesome, light weight, great at depth, 2 year service interval.....Titanium swivel...

I use mine with a Ti2, (also with a titanium swivel) and have a B2 with a Z1 octo for backup.

Nice reg but it is at least twice the cost of any other chrome plated brass reg of equal or better capability.

plwtwo:
huh, the T2 is sold as a FIRST and SECOND stage!!! ALL TITANUIM!..and dude the Ti2 is just an Octo....But anyway, the T2 is a GREAT REG...BREATHEs Awesome, light weight, great at depth, 2 year service interval.....Titanium swivel...

I use mine with a Ti2, (also with a titanium swivel) and have a B2 with a Z1 octo for backup.
My LDS sells the Atomic T2 Second Stage seperately. They sell it for $425 with the Titanium swivel. They mix and match all there first and second stage regs. As far as them selling me the Ti2 octo Im still questioning why I didnt do any research before I purchased it but It works awesome and will continue to use it as a main reg. Its not the yellow like the other Octo's are.

DA Aquamaster - The T2 is Titanium not chrome plated brass.

Mannie071 if you're lds is selling just the T2 2nd seperatly...all it is, is a B2 with a titanium swivel. The B2 2nd and the T2 2nd are the same ( one internal lever is different).....what makes the T2 special is the Titanium 1st stage.....

plwtwo:

Mannie071 if you're lds is selling just the T2 2nd seperatly...all it is, is a B2 with a titanium swivel. The B2 2nd and the T2 2nd are the same ( one internal lever is different).....what makes the T2 special is the Titanium 1st stage.....
See thats info that I need to know! Thanks PLW!

plwtwo:

That was the point - it costs twice as much as any comparable chrome plated brass first stage on the market (including the Atomic B2, Scubapro Mk 25, etc.)

You pay a lot for the dubious benefits of owning a Ti reg. It's limited in the O2 percentage it can handle, it's light but you have to add weight in the form of lead at the dive site anyway, and it's horribly expensive compared to chrome plated brass first stages that have demonstrated the ability to survive use in a challenging marine environment for 2, 3 or more decades.

In short a Titanimum reg has snob appeal but does not have a whole lot else going for it.

DA Aquamaster:
That was the point - it costs twice as much as any comparable chrome plated brass first stage on the market (including the Atomic B2, Scubapro Mk 25, etc.)

You pay a lot for the dubious benefits of owning a Ti reg. It's limited in the O2 percentage it can handle, it's light but you have to add weight in the form of lead at the dive site anyway, and it's horribly expensive compared to chrome plated brass first stages that have demonstrated the ability to survive use in a challenging marine environment for 2, 3 or more decades.

In short a Titanimum reg has snob appeal but does not have a whole lot else going for it.

I agree Aquamaster. To me it's a over priced reg for the Titanimum , all though it did score the best in this month's Scuba Diving magazine , when they rated the top 18 reg's . The whole Atomic line was on top, dosn't suprise me, there awsome reg's.

I had the Atomic M-1 Din, with the cave ring ,etc, sold it for a ScubaPro S600 , and I'm selling that on Ebay right now for the Aqualung Legend LX,
( DIN ) , And I'm going to try that reg out.

I had the Atomic M-1 for about a year, and loved it. Sold it when I got into Rebreather's, Then went to the Scubapro, now the Aqualung LX.

I have to say, I had many reg's, Poseiden's, ScubaPro's, Atomic's, etc, and I liked the M-1 alot.

I'm going to give the Aqualung a shot here for alittle , been eyeing that reg for about a year now, and If it dosn't work out over the next 6 month's , I'm going back to the Atomic Series, probley the B2 this time, As my buddy has that one, and I dove it several time's and it's a nice reg also.

I'm really pickey about reg's, but it was a toss up between the Atomic B-1 and the Aqualung LX, I'll see how it goes this weekend, were diving total of 7 wreck dive's all at average of 145' max in the Upper's Key's, so I'll have a good first weekend on the Aqualung, and see how it goes

Sorry DA AQUA... thought you meant it was brass. My bad. But it does resist corrosion better than brass....if you going to be using it often....and then driving 10-12 hours home and not rinsing it good until the next afternoon....

my guess is you should read this review and you will see that the Ti2 was not just an Octo and was sold as 1st and 2nd stage! :dork2:

Atomic Aquatics - Reprint - Aug. 1997

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom