How many dive BP's and Wings' vs. Basic Scuba Gear?

What % dive BC's and what % dive BP's & Wings?

• I dive ONLY a BP/Wing

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • I dive BOTH BP's/Wings and BC's

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I dive ONLY a BC

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • I dive ONLY a BP/Wing

Votes: 53 46.1%
  • I dive BOTH BP's/Wings and BC's

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I dive ONLY a BC

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Just curious,
What % of divers are diving BP's and Wings, and what % is diving BC jackets?

SS B/P only.Various wings from 18# to 85#.1 piece webbing 3 or 4 D-rings depeding on light.

But, I think I've only dived my Transpac II once this year, and that was in the pool helping my wife with her new drysuit. All my open water dives this year have been BP and wings.:D

I dive, Wings, B/P & Wings and very occaisionally (these days) standard BC.

A bit different from your poll but you can dive wings without a B/P

BP/wings exclusively, also doubles exclusively.

Tom

I currently dive a Zeagle Ranger BC and I do like it alright. However, I got a chance to dive a friends Halcyon SS Backplate w/36lb. Pioneer Wing over the weekend and I really liked it. It was comfortable and I did notice that my trim was better and that the wing dumped air so much easier than the Ranger. The only con I had was wearing a weight belt. The weight belt wasn't really uncomfortable but after the dive I noticed my back was a little sore. Having said that, I will probably eventually get a BP/Wing setup though because the pro's outweigh the cons in my opinion.

My BC is a ScubaPro Knighthawk, and I love it. I don't really see any advantage to go rush out and by a backpack/wing combo in the near future. I've never dove that setup before, so I am not bashing it. It's just that I am happy with what I have and it works great for the type of diving I do.

If you like what you have, more power to you...

Anyway...
Dive SAFE, have FUN and do it often.

MNScuba once bubbled...
I am happy with what I have
The way to stay contented with your knighthawk is to continue diving it and avoid any demo dives with a bp/wing...

Look at what happened to GP!
Very few will ever be like 446.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom