New Reg Purchase - Any opinions on these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MGW1979

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I plan on purchasing a new Reg in the near future and have a couple in mind. Any comments, suggestions etc. are welcome!

I'm looking at:
Mares V32 Proton/Proton Ice ~ $350
Zeagle DSV or Envoy Delux ~ 300-350
SeaAir Trimetal ~ 300
Oceanic Zeta ~290

I live in Ontario so I will be doing some Great Lakes diving (not in winter though), but hopefully most of my diving will be tropical! I'm just a Recreational diver, but I want something that will work with Nitrox if I choose to use it in the future. (I think they're all nitrox compatable though). I'd like a light second stage as sometimes my jaw get tired and I end up holding the reg in my mouth with my hand.

Any input is much appreciated!
Thanks, Marek

I've never used the regs you listed, but my Atomic M1 (envionmentally sealed) has never freeflowed and has worked great in any water that's still warm enough to be liquid.

Terry

MGW1979:
I plan on purchasing a new Reg in the near future and have a couple in mind. Any comments, suggestions etc. are welcome!

I'm looking at:
SeaAir Trimetal ~ 300
Oceanic Zeta ~290

I live in Ontario so I will be doing some Great Lakes diving (not in winter though), but hopefully most of my diving will be tropical! I'm just a Recreational diver, but I want something that will work with Nitrox if I choose to use it in the future. (I think they're all nitrox compatable though). I'd like a light second stage as sometimes my jaw get tired and I end up holding the reg in my mouth with my hand.

Thanks, Marek

MGW1979:

I'm looking at:
SeaAir Trimetal ~ 300
Oceanic Zeta ~290

Thanks, Marek

Of your choices, it's Zeagle IMHO, great reg, great service, great price.

I use a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe and love it. It is just about the easiest breathing reg I have owned, and after diving for 35 years, I have owned a few!

Life time warranty, free octo till end of July, never have to pay for parts ( around $70 to $120 Can ) only labor. Have used my US Divers for 25 years and love them.

If you can get them around your place I would.

Hope this helps

Mikiko

I don't know much about the regs on your list. But if i were to pick one, it would be the Zeagle. Great products that are built to go. Good luck

If I had to chose from just your list, I would go with the Zeagle. If I could throw one other option in, it would be an Atomic.

I love the Sherwood oasis I dive right now, but if I had to buy another I would have a tough choice those two.

FD

I have used every reg covered in this thread. I HATE to labor a reg. Zeagles are like just plain breathing. I have found nothing that comes close for ME. And that includes Apex.

Back
Top Bottom