apex xtx50 vs AL legend lx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i am comparing the AL legend lx to the apex xtx50 there about the same price what do you think is beter or are they the same regulators just with diffrent names.

They are basically the same reg... you will not go wrong with either.
Spend less and buy the xtx 40

Wys.

Just bought the XTX50 and got the free Eclipse regulator.

Very happy with the performance/comfort.:D

jcm:
i am comparing the AL legend lx to the apex xtx50 there about the same price what do you think is beter or are they the same regulators just with diffrent names.

They are nearly the same in terms of performance and now they are both sold by Aqualung but the two regs are NOT the same the internal parts are different and they are made in different factories. A few years back Aqualung bought Apex.

I have the ATX 50 and it works well. I know it has efortless breathing down to 120 feet and I know a tech diver who uses Apex at more then double that depth with trimix and claims they are much better then ther Diverite regs his buddys like to use

Just about everyone says the Legend is very much like the Apex. But compare featurew there are many versions of Legend. the AXT50 has an environmental seal and a cracking effort adjustment. Both are usfull.

Apeks is the current golden child of the GUE/DIR set, mostly due to corporate politics so Apeks regs tend to have a good reputation in comparision to others even when it is not deserved.

For example, a Legend LX is from a design and performance perspective the same reg as the Apeks XTX200 and the XTX50 is pretty far down the food chain in comparison to either of them.

Specifically, the Legend first stage offers more perfromance than XTX50's first stage and the Legend also has a fully sealed ambient chamber so the XTX50 offers no advantage over it - just less performance. The LX second stage is, just like the top of the line Apeks XTX 200 second stage, pneumatically balanced and features an inhalation adjustment knob.

The XTX second stages only advantages are that they are reversible - meaning they can be modified by the tech so that the hose comes in the left side of the second stage rather than the right. They can also be equipped with either a large or small exhaust tee. (Apek's ATX second stages do not have these advantages.)

Finally, All Aqualung dealers can choose to carry Apeks regs, but many of them choose not to do so. So parts and service availability is better for Aqualung regs than Apeks regs.

In short, for the same or similar money it's a complete no brainer - go with the Legend LX.

Is the ACD feature on the Legend a good thing?
Would this feature make you chose the Legend over an Apeks XTX100 at the same price?

I donlt think it's all that big a deal and would not factor it into my decision making process either way.

DA Aquamaster:
Specifically, the Legend first stage offers more perfromance than XTX50's first stage and the Legend also has a fully sealed ambient chamber so the XTX50 offers no advantage over it - just less performance.

What do you mean by less performance? WOB?

I'm not a tech/dir diver, but I have used the XTX 40, the XTX 50, the ATX 50 and the Legend and in my (granted) limited experience in rec diving the differences were imperceptible. The only difference that I was able to percive was in my wallet :wink:

DA Aquamaster:
For example, a Legend LX is from a design and performance perspective the same reg as the Apeks XTX200 and the XTX50 is pretty far down the food chain in comparison to either of them.

How is the 50's first stage so much different than the LX in performance and design?

Wys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom