Atomic M1 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amadeus023

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I am considering purchasing an Atomic M1 Regulator and would like to hear from those fellow divers that own one what they think about it. Also, I was thinking about replacing the heat sink with a swivel and want to know how many other people have done this as well. Thank you!

Amadeus023:
Hello,

I am considering purchasing an Atomic M1 Regulator and would like to hear from those fellow divers that own one what they think about it. Also, I was thinking about replacing the heat sink with a swivel and want to know how many other people have done this as well. Thank you!

I have an M1. It's flawless. You can breathe like a hoover in freezing cold water, and it just sits there doing it's job.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to over-breathe. In fact, you and your buddy can both breathe like hoovers in freezing cold water if you want to.

I've never had so much as a burp out of it, and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the heatsink. I have the factory swivel hose and love it.

Terry

Amadeus023:
Hello,

For what it is worth, I have used nothing but Atomic M1 regulators for the past 4 years. Both of my regs on my doubles, my stages and O2 cylinders have M1 regulators.

They have been with me on 2500+ foot penetration cave dives ... and dives in deep caves at a depth of over 300 feet.

Never a problem...

They work as perfect at 300+ feet on Trimix that they do at 30 feet on a casual reef dive.

I feel this strongly about 3 pieces of my regular kit (just for the sake of it):

1) Atomic M1 Regulators (http://www.atomicaquatics.com)
2) Silent Submerge Scooter (UV-18 NiMH) (http://www.silent-submersion.com)
3) Salvo 24watt HID (http://www.salvodiving.com/)

You will NOT go wrong with Atomic M1 regs.

Dive Safely!

-=B=-

Hi - thank you guys for your input. The heat sink is connected to the second stage and if you add a swivel to the 2nd stage then you cannot have the heat sink. I don't plan on doing cold water dives because I am allergic to cold water so I think that the swivel would be the better option for me.

Amadeus023:
Hi - thank you guys for your input. The heat sink is connected to the second stage and if you add a swivel to the 2nd stage then you cannot have the heat sink. I don't plan on doing cold water dives because I am allergic to cold water so I think that the swivel would be the better option for me.

I can't imagine that the heatsink is really needed, since I've used mine in 35 degree water, without it, with no problems. The swivel is very nice.

Terry

It will be no problem to switch out the heat sink for the swivel - we have numerous consumers who have done this. Why are you considering an M1 over the B2 that comes w/ the swivel? Unless you are diving nitrox over 40% than the B2 that comes with the swivel may be a better choice for the same price. I have more information on both under another thread - B2 vs. M1.
cheers,
Darcy
Atomic sales support/Customer service

Nice to see some Atomic involvement at Scubaboard :)

Hello Darcy,

Thanks for your post. I had an issue with a dive shop not willing to rent me nitrox because of having a "titanium" regulator. I had originally selected an Oceanic delta 3 titanium reg. So, I decided on the the M1 since it is primarily brass/monel. I decided that the M1 would be less controversial than the B2. There are also some other faetures on the M1 that the B2 does not have so it is like having the best of both by adding a swivel to the the M1.

-amadeus

Ah ha, yes, nitrox and titanium don't seem to mix well so you are probably doing the right thing by getting the M1. That will solve your problem. Swivel should be no problem.

I know you guys probably hear this all the time, but tell the guys at the fatory that they make a real kick-*** reg!

It's nice knowing that my reg is just fine even when the water is freezing cold and everybody else is freeflowing. :cool:

Terry

darcyatomic:
Ah ha, yes, nitrox and titanium don't seem to mix well so you are probably doing the right thing by getting the M1. That will solve your problem. Swivel should be no problem.

Back
Top Bottom