Terra Haute, Indiana diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luvdiving

Contributor
Reaction score
An hour South of Mosul, Iraq or Ft Wayne, Indiana
Hi out there in Scubasourceland:

I may be moving to the Terra Haute, Indiana area in the near future. I'm used to salt water diving, but I may need to do some fresh water diving to keep my skills up and my gear wet.

Are there any local divers from that area that can give me some local dive spots?

Luvdiving, I am sorry to hear about the move to Indiana! Not that Terre Haute is a bad place, but Midwest diving might take some getting use to depending.

First thing we need to do is have you change your quote to read:

"May your visability always be around 10 Ft or less and your tanks always full."

Now on to your question..
.....I go to Haigh Quarry in Kankakee, IL. Nice facilities..20 bucks to get in, several platforms and a deep hole at 75 feet. visit..www.haighquarry.com for more info.

There is a place in Logansport, IN called France Park. I haven't been there, but I think its not too far from TH.

Then there is also Lake Michigan.

Seriously though, I don't care how much experience you have in saltwater or how good of a diver you are..take it easy up here until you feel comfortable. Diving in 7mm wetsuits/hood/gloves or even a drysuit for the 1st time can really wake you up. Also, if your use to great viz, fuhhhget about it. I'm talking..anywhere between 5 - 25 feet average..actually, if its above 20..its a good day. I'm sure your aware of all this, but just checking.

:)

Welcome to corn country. I can commiserate, being a transplanted East Coaster myself.
Another spot to consider is Mermet Springs, http://www.mermetsprings.com/. It is located at the southern tip of Illinois.
I have also been getting into wreck diving in Lake Michigan, which is very different from anything I've experienced in salt water, and I'm loving it.
If you want any more details, or are just looking for a dive buddy, PM me. I'm allways ready to get wet.

CheeseWhiz once bubbled...
Terre Haute's not the end of the world, but if you stand on tiptoes, you can see it from there.

(If you know any French, you'll find out that they lied !!)

the Greenland vs. Iceland story about Leif or Eric the Red huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom