Thursday 14th Dec - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
morning team and how are we all doing!!!

well this week for me is a big fat zero... no lost but also no gain! whew

so still sitting at a total of: 50.7kgs or 111.77lbs loss to date

im over all the socials and the eating and the freebie chocs and sweets... so what im doing is making myself do 2 grueling walks a day to help me stay focussed!

ive gone off road and now hiking up and down a big hill (big bassstd hill i call it) FOUR times and man the 4th one is a dooosey!!

ive set myself the goal that i want to lose 10kgs by Jan 26th (Australia Day) as we are going away to Jervis Bay for a long weekend of diving!

so forget those new years resolutions.... SET YOUR GOALS NOW!! who's got one to join me!!

so ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL!!! come on everyone... come on in from the cold (for most of you guys that is) and tell us how youre doing and whats happening

cheers

almitywife:
morning team and how are we all doing!!!

well this week for me is a big fat zero... no lost but also no gain! whew

so still sitting at a total of: 50.7kgs or 111.77lbs loss to date

After all you have lost... hills and valley's can be expected, as you well know. One of the things I learned when I lost weight 10 years ago. I seemed to hit a wall every time I reached a weight where I had been at that weight for some time:
Example:
I started at that time at 270lbs or 122.47kgs
  • First wall at 250lbs or 113.4kgs (a weight I held for 9 mos)
  • Second wall at 235lbs or 106.59kgs (a weight I held for 9 years... this one was particularly hard to get over. I had to really kick start the excercise to get past it)
  • Third wall at 225lbs or 102.06kgs (I held for 3 years... I was excercising well, but began running to get over this one. I worked quickly, and well. It only took 2 weeks to get over this one with running)
  • Fourth wall at 205 or 92.99kgs (This was my playing weight in high school, when I was working out with the baseball team. This was the worst one to get over. I actually had to double my running time per week to get over it. It took six weeks)
After the wall at 205, I went to 189lbs or 85.73kgs. Things began to go wrong with married life. Company I worked for sold to another company and moved it to New York... blah blah blah...

almitywife:
im over all the socials and the eating and the freebie chocs and sweets... so what im doing is making myself do 2 grueling walks a day to help me stay focussed!

ive gone off road and now hiking up and down a big hill (big bassstd hill i call it) FOUR times and man the 4th one is a dooosey!!

ive set myself the goal that i want to lose 10kgs by Jan 26th (Australia Day) as we are going away to Jervis Bay for a long weekend of diving!

so forget those new years resolutions.... SET YOUR GOALS NOW!! who's got one to join me!!

so ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL!!! come on everyone... come on in from the cold (for most of you guys that is) and tell us how youre doing and whats happening

cheers
Wow, 22lbs after all the weight you have already lost? Are you using any logging software for foods, activities, logs, diaries or Internet sites for tracking?

Ok, here's my weigh in:
Went from 275lbs (124.74kgs) to 270lbs (122.47kgs) - Down 5lbs (2.27kgs) WHEW!

I changed some things around on Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week. By Monday, I thought I was on my way to a gain of 1-2lbs this week.

I stepped up activities, which went along with the endurance and leg muscles I've toned (some) since starting, and made sure I logged EVERYTHING that went into my mouth... and it worked... WHEW!
====
Ok, on to the challenge!
I have lost alot in a small amount of time. I don't think my body will keep it up without hitting some type of wall in between now and Jan 26th.

My goal is 20lbs (9.07kgs). That will put me at 250lbs (113.4kgs) and a loss thus far of 60lbs (27.22kgs) lost since November 1st. If I somehow meet that goal ahead of time, I will make a revision to this number.

Good luck everyone!

Cool Beans folks! WTG!
Well, my saga was stepping on the scale this morning and dreading the needle (yeah, I still have an old fashioned scale) inching higher. Instead it went lower by 2lbs! Whoo Hoo! I even stepped on it a few times, and yep, its lower! 6lbs to go to goal! Hold it for 6 months then reevaluate.
These last 6 should be easy right? Yeah, of course! Did push myself harder yesterday with the jog. And I feel better for it now.
Keep up the good work all!

Down another .5 lbs this week. I also upped my activity level. I am up to 37 minutes cardio every day; my goal is to get to 40.

Congrats all, it's a hard season to keep moving downward. I am still on CoolTech's plateau, weighing in at 219 this week, the same as last week. I'm happy with that considering the partying that is going on. One family feast last night, and a work party today. A few more next week. Must keep focused........

As for my challenge, this Friday is the last session with my personal trainer. My goal will be to maintain the exercise program until January and then up it to 3 days a week from my current 2. It's winter here, although it's hard to tell with everything still green (only 8 green christmases since the 1950s) but outdoor activities are still curtailed. Must keep moving in a positive direction (That's the one away from the cookies!)

So one more weigh-in before Christmas, so here is the short-term goal, to be the same weight or less the first weigh-in after Christmas!

Congratulations everyone!

OK, here goes... my first weigh in since starting... and I'm down 5 pounds! :D

Starting Weight: 363
Current weight: 358

I seriously need to add exercise to my routine, and that should speed things up :)

Well, I am quite upset with the scale! I have stayed the same...which is actually a miracle, as I have been eating chocolate, cookies, and pretty much anything else I have found in front of my face...

I have stepped up my walking and been more consistent with the pilates. I just got ok to start PT again, so hopefully, that will help, too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom