Need 7mm wetsuit and hooded vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracydr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
North Carolina, 3 miles from South Carolina
# of dives
500 - 999
My old wetsuit has seen better days and I'd like to buy a 7mm plus a hooded vest that can get me by in San diego until I shell out the money for a dry suit. I'd like something that's stretchy and easy to don. I saw some titanium suits that looked really thin and nice. Any suggestions?:10:

XS Scuba 7mm Pyrostretch suit + XS Scuba Pyrostretch hooded vest.

I have the suit, recently bought & dove a bit & am very pleased with it. I may add the vest, but our water usually only gets down to 58 or so & I'm not yet convinced I need it for that.

Becareful, you will give up some warmth with the hyperstretch suits. I love my Henderson. It is very easy to put on, but not very warm. I have a 7mm Bare which is nice and toasty. It takes some work getting into it. Soapy water helps too. But it is warm.

Bare does make a progressive stretch. I have never warn one though.

TOM

I have tried several different suits, but really like the Bare 7mm Artic fullsuit, with the Bare 3mm Thermalskin hooded Vest (with attached 7mm hood). Dove this past weekend in 55 degree water without problems - although the face and hands started to get a little cold at the end of the dive - but not enough to be uncomfortable. I posted a review on my blog of this combination from a dive about a month ago in 61 degree water below;

http://caribbean-blue-diving-services.blogspot.com/

Bare also makes a more substantial 7mm Artic Vest that can also be worn under the fullsuit. The suit is a little tight to get in, but this limits water cirulation. Many of the online retailers can offer good deals on these components.

Dive safe!

For only a hundred or two more $$$ , get a drysuit.

I use a 7mm SeaQuest one piece suit with or without a hooded vest, works well for me. O'neil makes a good suit too but is a tad pricey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom