Hope this is not a fatal problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Atmos 2. Bought about 3 years ago so I know it is not under warranty any longer.

I replaced the battery about one year ago, maybe 60-70 dives ago. The other day on a dive I noticed it was off so I pressed the front button and the display came up briefly then turned off. I "assumed" the battery was dead so replaced it but it is continuing to have the problem. I can see that it is showing the full battery symbol but the display only stays on for two seconds before turning off again.

Is this a recognized problem that my service center will be able to repair???

Renee,

This sounds more like a contact problem than a battery problem. Your unit really needs to come back into AERIS customer service. Take it in to your local AERIS LDS and have them check it, but I am thinking they will need to return it under a return authorization and send it back to the factory.

Cordially,
Darryl

Thanks - I will do that tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom