Sea Elite 5MM Neoprene Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have recently purchased a new Sea Elite 5MM Dry Suit off of ebay for what seems like a good deal.

I am lucky, it fits good, is in fact brand new condition with paper tags still attached etc.

I am new to drysuits, but have dived it once now and had dived a DUI Suit, previously at a DUI DOG day event. I do not intend now to take a specialty class or anything as I have had no issues with bouyancy managment etc.

My questions are, are many undergarments normally worn under a Neoprene Dry Suit? (I just suited up with bathing suit like regular wetsuit)

What temps can I realistically expect to be able to comfortably dive with this (assuming a good hood and gloves are worn?

Any good shops on east coast to sew on a pocket or two? And possibly install a P Valve?

I do not plan tremendously long, cold dives but just want to know if I will be able to dive local quarry year round (Virginia's Lake Rawlings).

Really just want to extend my dive season.

Thanks in advance!

All depends upon the water temps you're diving.

In Lake Lanier, just north of Atlanta, we experience water temps of 43* or so year round, if we go below the second thermocline.

You can layer with a neoprene suit just as you can with a bag suit in order to acommodate for your particular water temp comfort zone and tolerance level.

the K

Back
Top Bottom