Just bought our own gear today!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishdelasol

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband and I just bought all of our own gear today and we can't wait to try it out! We are so happy because both of our BCs were on sale at Divers Direct for about $150 off of normal prices. They also had these great backpack/rolling equipment-luggage bags on sale for $20! If you can you should definitely stop by one of their stores because they have a lot of pre-holiday sales going on (hey guys...this is a good time to get holiday shopping done early!).

Tim's stuff

• Reg: Aqualung Titan LX
  • Octo: Aqualung ABS
  • BC: Zeagle Stiletto
  • Computer: Oceanic VEO 250
My stuff
  • Reg: Aqualung Titan LX
  • Integrated Octo: Atomic SS1 Safe/Second Inflator
  • BC: Zeagle Zena
  • Computer: Oceanic VEO 250
We also picked up some other stuff like a safety sausage, dive tool, and reel for our dive flags because we plan on doing a lot of shore dives at LBTS. Overall, we liked shopping at DD. Lots of selection but they always try to sell top of the line at first (i think we fell for it with my integrated inflater) :tongue2:. We had stopped in a couple of times before and had spoken with a very knowledgeable guy named Dave who was easy to speak with. Our only issue has been they did not give us the boxes that our equipment came in and it has been tough with some product registration sites. Our dive computers apparently have a warranty card and # but we do not have the card...I guess they forgot to put that in our bag of user guides.

Well, just thought I would share with everyone! Happy diving!

Congrats on your new gear!! You should be able to register all of your gear on-line with the manufacturers.

Looks like you got some really nice gear that I'm sure you both will be happy with.

Be sure and double check everything and do a bubble check before going down. When I bought a new BC one time, the inflater hose was not snug and in proper position so the bladder wasn't holding air. Not a big deal, I just had to tighten it up.

Enjoy your new equipment! Sure beats renting in every way! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom