WTB weight harness brand and vendor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a weight harness for my drysuit diving. I really have no experience with them and welcome any input/opinions ref brand, model, and where to buy one.
Thanks in advance

Lorna and I both get use out of my DUI Weight & Trim-II.

She dives it wet then I use it for drysuit diving.

The weight & Trim II is a fabric based harness where the classic weight & trim is a 2 inch web bassed affair. The pockets are very similar.

I did add a sterum strap to mine. I frequently found that if I was not paying attention it could slip from my shoulder while removing my BC. This way I deal with the weights when I'm ready.

Pete

I am looking to buy a weight harness for my drysuit diving.
I also used the DUI Weight & Trim, initially at least, and liked it a lot. I have since found that moving to a SS BP from a Zeagle Ranger, and using a steel tank (HP 120) removed the need for the harness and I have gone back to a simple weight belt when diving singles.

I was unhappy with all the harnesses out there but of all the DUI is the best. I built my own and will be posting pics on here eventually.

I picked up some stainless grommets and setting tools from mcmaster and some 1" and 2" webbing from reef scuba along with a stainless weight belt buckle and than waited and waited for a set of S-tek pockets to show up on ebay. I ended up buying a whole bcd for the pockets and retainment system and then later picked up the whole system again so now I can make a second harness to sell or hopefully for a partner. The process was super simple but I spent way over $300 but now it would be much cheaper as prototypes are always the most expensive part. I could give you further dirrections if you wish and you would not need the scubapro weight system that is so hard to find as both golem and halcyon make great options.

I have a DUI WT2 for sale if you are interested. It is a size medium. Check DUI's chart for fit.

PM me if you want to know more.

I am not a fan of the DUI harness. It uses the "string" system for ditching. Great for ditching but a pain if it comes loose to rethread.

Seasoft makes a cool harness that holds upto 30 pounds of ditchable weight and you can add more if necessary. I recommend maxing out the pockets at 12 pounds each, but if you wanted, you could put 15 in each. It runs about $170. Here is the link.

You can also call me...I can ship it to you.

SeaSoft Scuba Products

Dear Peter C, thanks for the offer, but I am a tall 5'11 and I thinkI need a LARGE. As for the rest of you keep the opinions and information coming.

I am still gathering information and formulating my choice. I still have some time before I need to buy it. I am however realy getting tired of diving a weight belt on my drysuit with over 20 pounds on it ARRRGGG!

I've been diving with a DUI W&T since OW Checkouts -- borrowed a W&T II for checkouts, then bought a W&T Classic (the one that's webbing based) right away. Despite being on the large side, I don't really have much to hold up a normal belt - no butt or hips. For checkouts we were really overweighted (and diving 7mm john/jackets, in xxxl) and it was no problem carrying a bunch of weight (at least not from a carrying perspective -- diving overweighted sucked!)

The Weight And Trim works beautifully for me. I can place the weight as high or low as I choose, and buckle placement in relation to the BP/W is a non-issue since it's not used for ditching weights. The pockets on the Classic at least are individual flaps which makes it possible to add/remove contents without as much chance of losing necessary weights. On the surface, It's comfortable enough where I tend to forget sometimes to take it off after a dive.

I don't think the string configuration for the weight pockets is an issue. Only takes a couple minutes to re-thread. No, I couldn't do it while wearing the harness, but I don't expect to ever have to do this.

My wife has the DUI Delta Wings BC which uses the same pocket system. Works pretty well there too, just integrated into the BC. With the velcro pockets, she can don the DC and then put weight in the pockets after she's got everything adjusted.

Be a real diver and get a Miller diving weight harness

standard.jpg
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom