South Holsten Lake/Adventure Diving Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba G

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Dixie Divers,

I'm a newish diver from CA and heading out to a wedding in Abingdon, VA tomorrow. I do have next Sunday off from all the wedding stuff and wanted to see what the chances are to get some dives in. I found Adventure Diving in Bristol is the nearest dive shop and South Holsten Lake the closest dive location.

It's too late to call the shop now so I was wondering if any SB'ers know what the dive conditions at the lake are and if you can rent a full set of gear at the shop. (I know they do instructions but it's says nothing about rentals on their website.)

Also, I'm spoiled in CA with moderate temperatures and have no dry suit experience, so I hope the lake would be easy enough to get my feet wet/dry? if I use a dry suit for the first time.

Thanks in advance and I hope to experience diving in your neck of the woods soon!

Gerald

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom