Need some info. on Sarasota dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruisegirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all. I'm going to be in Sarasota May 23-28, 2008. I need some recommendations or info. on dive shops to use. I'm adv. certified but will be with a friend that is just getting certified. So need some easy going dives... Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for dive shops or dive sites?

If you're looking for "easy dives," go to Fort Lauderdale or the Keys. There is some fabulous diving off Sarasota, but it's better left to folks with a little more experience than your friend.

Walter,
Is the Sarasota side too rough? We can't really go to the other side of Florida. But don't want to get her in a pickle either. I'm in contact with a dive shop and we'll see what they have to say.... Thanks for the info.

Great dives in the Gulf can be had, but they are typically much farther off shore, and the viz is usually less than the Atlantic side. Ft. Lauderdale is my favorite for easy boat dives. If you can get down that way, contact Capt. Todd on the American Dream 2. I've used him multiple times, and I've taken brand new divers on his boat, and it's always been a great experience.

Danny

For a dive shop in Sarasota, Florida Underwater Sports is a top notch dive shop with a can do attitude, world class customer service, expert gear service /repair with quick turn around time and they can arrange local trips for you. Ask for either Carl or Greg
941-870-4461

For a dive shop in Sarasota, Florida Underwater Sports is a top notch dive shop with a can do attitude, world class customer service, expert gear service /repair with quick turn around time and they can arrange local trips for you. Ask for either Carl or Greg
941-870-4461

Hmmm... I'll have to check them out when I head back there to assist my Mom later this year. Thanks.

Good luck in Sarasota, cruisegirl. You might see if there are any shark tooth dives down in Venice while you are there. The one I attended last Thanksgiving with some of the Conch divers looked pretty easy, and you can pick up a few souvenirs while you're down.

941-870-4461

I will second MoteMan's recommendation. Also, you can definitely find suitable dives in the area with your friend.

Great dives in the Gulf can be had, but they are typically much farther off shore, and the viz is usually less than the Atlantic side. Ft. Lauderdale is my favorite for easy boat dives. If you can get down that way, contact Capt. Todd on the American Dream 2. I've used him multiple times, and I've taken brand new divers on his boat, and it's always been a great experience.

Danny

Thanks for the info. and I will take that into consideration. I'm traveling with 3 other women, thus 4 women total. Not sure if I can get to the other side....lol..... You know how us women can be! Um, on 2nd thought, don't answer that....lol.

941-870-4461

Thanks for the info. Moteman. I will check into them..... Does anyone have any opinions/info. on Aqua Rush dive shop? Thanks......

thanks moteman, i'll have to check them out as well. I recently moved to Sarasota and haven't been too thrilled with the couple of dive shops I've visited so far.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom