I would like to know how many events are

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Scubaboard Sponsored by Scubaboard every year on the Conch Trips and Market Section. Does anyone have the answer to this one?

This thread will be pulled I am pretty sure of it but I would like to know the answer before it does.............

There are lots of regular events, but I believe the only one officially sponsored by ScubaBoard is Invade the Keys.

Why do you expect it to be pulled?

Because I was and everyone is denied a sticky from now on unless it is a Scubaboard Sponsored Event. So NO More events like Gennie Springs, Sinko de Mayo, Reunion or any other event we would like to get everyone together can be stickied.

I am brewing a pot here and they will be very upset with me. But that is not my intent I just wanted to know how many we have. I just don't think it is right not to sticky things like events we want to happen.

This is a NEW RULE they have just for Florida Conchs:shakehead:

Hi! I'm not a Conch (live on the wrong coast :wink:) but I don't see anything in this thread so far that would cause it to be pulled. I'm kind of sorry to see that you would think that a staff member would pull a thread just because you are questioning a policy on ScubaBoard.

Anyway, I'm only posting because I saw that there were duplicate threads posted and I deleted the one that stated, "Sorry double post". Wanted to make it public so that it wouldn't seem as if I was doing anything underhanded. :D

Hi! I'm not a Conch (live on the wrong coast :wink:) but I don't see anything in this thread so far that would cause it to be pulled. I'm kind of sorry to see that you would think that a staff member would pull a thread just because you are questioning a policy on ScubaBoard.

Anyway, I'm only posting because I saw that there were duplicate threads posted and I deleted the one that stated, "Sorry double post". Wanted to make it public so that it wouldn't seem as if I was doing anything underhanded. :D

Thank you Ann Marie:D I hit the button twice and missed it up. I just know this policy is not going to sit well with some here, because now we can no longer sticky our events. and are going to have to keep bumping them to keep in touch with everyone.

Ugh, that means we are going to see a lot of "to the top" messages.

There were not that many stickies, I just don't see where it was a problem to have them.

So the question becomes.....

Under what set of conditions does an event become officially sponsored...?
or How can an event become officially sponsored....?

If you are interested in having an officialy sponsored ScubaBoard event, you should contact Scubaboard's director of Marketing. That is me.

As stated -- for the FLORIDA FORUM ONLY... We have so many dive events going on that if we stickied them all - we'd have a forum full of stickies. In other regions this does not (at the moment) seem to be a problem.

My question is events like Gennie and the clean-ups are when we the scubaboard people get together and say hey this would be fun lets get together and do it. It's put together by us and does not cost us any money other than camping and food that we bring to eat.
So my next question is..............

Is there a cost to have scubaboard sponsor a events?

No.

I know this has already been explained to you in private, I don't know why you insist on dragging this out in public. If you'd like to continue this conversation off-line or in private, I know you have my phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom