wrist mount compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My scuba pro console has a pressure guage and compass and I usually just use my computer as a depth guage. Now I'd like to pop that compass out and get a proper depth guage to add to the console. My question is can I find a way of mounting that compass on my wrist without duct tape? Or do I have to buy a new compass?

but I know the Suunto compasses pop out and can be mounted on the wrist mount compass strap. Perhaps your LDS can do the same thing.

The Scubapro LS-2 compass is a wrist-mount unit. Suunto, Oceanic and Sigma all have wrist mountings available. You'll need to find out what kind of compass you actually have, as the fact it's in a Scubapro console does not necessarily mean it's a Scubapro compass.

Another option is to use bungee cord to attach it to your wrist, but you'll need some sort of boot to hold the compass module and to which to attach the bungees (unless, of course, the compass has attachment points on it already).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom