Avocet profile in Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasaint

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone tell me what the average profile you can expect to dive when on the Avocet? I always see conflicting depths and was hoping some people who have dived it before could share their experience with the dive.

Would love to hear average depth, visibility, marine life. Basically any and all information about the dive.

When I dove it with Algulfdiver last year my computer info was as follows:

Max depth 107 (but to the sand is 120 ish)

Dive time: 40 minutes

I remember the top of the wreck was at 90 fsw. There was an abundance of life on this wreck. The highlight of my dive was having four spotted eagle rays swim around DM Blake and me during our way up the anchor line. I saw so many different species of fish that it would take me way too long to name them all. Point blank if you can get out to the Avocet all I can say is GO!!!! Matter of fact if I am off and you are chartering I might just go with you if im off work that day.

I used EAN 30% for the dive, which IMO is a good mix for this dive as it gives you a PPO2 of 1.4 with a MOD of 120.

I wouldn't mind setting up a date. I wonder if we could get the regular crew ie andeas, denise, donna, interested?

We were diving the Avocet about a month ago.Max. depth 118 the viz 50-60' the wreck was covered with nice size groupers,some AJ, we saw about 5-6' hammerhead. This was my second diving of the Avocet(last year we had 100'viz) and it's gonna be one of my favorite spots

I love the Avocet and I'm in whenever you guys want to set up the trip. Let me know so I can ask the Captain for a day off! Gary, if you are taking us can we do two dives on the Avocet? I have a hard time seeing everything there on just one dive.

Depending on the date, I'd be up for this as well. I don't want to displace a "regular", but if there is an empty spot (and the wife will give me the day off :D ) I'd like to go too.

Gary,

How long a ride is it out to the Avocet from Orange Beach? From the map it looks about the same distance offshore as the Oriskany, but farther West than the Oriskany, which makes it closer to you....am I reading that correctly???

120 max. about 90 minimum if I remember correctly. It is always covered with life. See our web site on the left of each page for video clips. Gary's Gulf Divers, Full Service Dive Shops, Orange Beach, Alabama

Back
Top Bottom