About to lose my mind!! (Uwatec Smart Com)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirthx

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. I'm trying desparatly to edit the dive location of my recent dives. I can change my site, but the location remains static. The Red Sea of all places, when I'm diving off L.A. !! :) So I need to know where I can change the list of dive locations so they just plug-in (I presume) and perhaps delete all the example locations that come with the computer. Ugh!! The manual is basically worthless. Any help very much appreciated!

-Mike

OK, figured it out. SOOO much more difficult than it needs to be. One or two pgs iin the manual describing PC data entry too much to ask?? Of course now knowing it's a snap.

The software is a bit cumbersome, but very nice to have. Did you know they have a mobile version as well? It's nice to download your dive to your palm pilot.... All the divers are jealous. :)

The software is a bit cumbersome, but very nice to have. Did you know they have a mobile version as well? It's nice to download your dive to your palm pilot.... All the divers are jealous. :)

Yeah, I'm digging the software now. I don't have a palm, but I loaded the software to my laptop & just took it to Hawaii. I must have spent a combined 20 hours of the trip minimum (not a lot to do at night on Kauai) just loading my pics of fish to the ID portion. Lotta fun!!

One issue I've run into with the mobile version on my Treo is that if I try to edit the dive sit on the phone it causes a fatal error. Phone comes back fine but I have to wait until I upload to my PC before I can edit. I've also never been able to get the computer to upload directly to the PC (something with the IR dongle, I think). Still, I like the software, though yes I'd say cumbersome is a good description. Anyone else had the fatal error issue with a palm?

With the Pc not uploading have you turned off your firewall. That worked for me.

Yeah, I tried that too. It's not a big deal since I can transfer the dives via my phone. Thanks though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom