Milky White Cloud seen in spots on the bottom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderH2OView

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Folks,

Relatively new to diving the Northeast. Just got back from a nice dive at King's Beach in Newport RI, timed it just right for the tide and the arrival of the sun. During the dive, a couple of times, we came across a milky white cloud along the bottom (roughly 35 ft depth), on the seaweed, couple foot radius, and suspended in the water a foot or two above the bottom. Anyone have an idea what that is?

Last edited:
I did not see any other divers prior to arrival. The spots were along a bottom covered with seaweed, that's why i found it strange. It wasn't near a sandy patch that someone might be able to kick up. Wish I had a camera, that's the next purchase.

Last edited:
How about fish sperm? I think they call it "milt". Were there any fish in the area?

How about fish sperm? I think they call it "milt". Were there any fish in the area?
35ft long!:confused:

Spotted were a few skates, flounder, tautog. Stripers are seen around the area time to time. Just noticed these clouds this week, 3rd consecutive weekend diving the same cove.

Your description reminds me of stuff I see in fresh water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom