Milky White Cloud seen in spots on the bottom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmmmm...I learned something today. Never heard of bukake before today.

Well it seems at least you know where he spends his time online? Please enlighten us inocents as to what he means. :wink: Did you get that knowledge from surfing the same sites?

Bet he did, you want links? Just google!

I knew I lynched myself when I posted that.:shakehead:
Uhhh, I overheard about it in a Truckstop, yeah that's where it was. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I guess y'all been to Truckstops too?
:D

Hmmmmm...I learned something today. Never heard of bukake before today.
not alone:D

While I see this inquiry is going on a tangent, I'll mention that I did not see Peter North skin diving on site either. Just got back from King's Beach today. Clouds are probably gone today. Visibility down to 0 in some locations. The waves were 2-3 ft in the cove, didn't make it out that far to venture. Stuck in the cove shallows where 5-10 ft vis was available.

Does it look similar to the pic below?

2651879596_2d95398cfd_o.jpg

I took this at a freshwater quarry. The milky stuff seems to be in low spots and around plants and looks like very dense fog.

Have wondered what it is, too.

It does look similar from the cloud perspective, but the plant life was covered in white as well. Kinda looked like someone dropped a scoop of limestone or something on the plants underwater.

Does it look similar to the pic below?

2651879596_2d95398cfd_o.jpg

I took this at a freshwater quarry. The milky stuff seems to be in low spots and around plants and looks like very dense fog.

Have wondered what it is, too.
I think this is a precipitate layer- I believe a decomposition reaction occurs and produces an insoluble salt that settles towards the bottom. It looks like those clouds. When the layer is really thick, it's like swimming through clouds and there tends to be tannic water beneath that is like black tea.

I'm not sure if this occurs in saltwater?

Back
Top Bottom