fort pickens question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dereks040581

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i never was able to go to fort pickens before the road was ruined but if you were to park at the parking area how far is it to the end where you dive because if it is such a good place to dive why not just get a good cart and wheel your stuff to the jetties just curious would really like to dive again soon so if any one is interested just pm me am up for anywhere

This is a bad, bad idea. I take my boat out to dive at Ft. Pickens, and on one trip between dives while exploring the Fort we ran into a group of people who made the trek on Bicycles. All they brought was a small backpack (With not enough water) and Bikes. This was not even during the extreme summer heat this was spring time....... They were EXHAUSTED. The two women in the group offered me $40 to take them and the bikes back to the parking lot. They said they couldn't think of pushing those bikes through the sand again. Imagine pushing or pulling over 100 lbs of gear......Not!

If you are looking at rolling in near the docks on the West end of the point then it is only about a 6 or 7 mile walk from the parking lot at the entrance to the park.... Not bad but then you might be a little tired once you get there and then you have to hump it back out......I spoke with my neighbor who walked that whole length and there are plans to get it cleared out BUT that might take some time to get done..... The other direction towards Navarre might get done first. The easiest way to get there might to rent a boat or bring a boat and just cross the bay and then dive from there.
just a few thoughts.... BUT if you are asking about hiking there you might not have a boat.... :-D

i never was able to go to fort pickens before the road was ruined but if you were to park at the parking area how far is it to the end where you dive because if it is such a good place to dive why not just get a good cart and wheel your stuff to the jetties just curious would really like to dive again soon so if any one is interested just pm me am up for anywhere

dereks, I am getting a bad vision of your sun scortched bones laying near the water, so instead lets plan on hooking up and taking my boat out to the Jetties. Let's grab a couple more people though. I have one or two in mind? You got a buddy to take?

R U in P'Cola now? Or moving to P'Cola?

Make sure to dive it at high slack tide, and go with someone who has been there before.

Road is due to reopen in 2009 :popcorn:

Make sure to dive it at high slack tide, and go with someone who has been there before.

Road is due to reopen in 2009 :popcorn:

Hetland, You diving this weekend?

i am in pensacola now and i am not planning on walking it i was just curious why no one talks about it my wife and i walked to the end of johnson beach one day just to waste time and didn't realize how far it was and mrxray i was with mbt class and asked you about your camera at navarre pier about 2 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom