Oceanic Computer upgrade special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaginCajun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I almost flipped out when I read the following from the Oceanic website:

Trade in a single product or any combination regulator, octopus, BC, and instrument described in the blue headings below, and receive an Instant Cash Allowance on brand-new Oceanic products. Upgrades are Factory Authorized and qualify for all Oceanic warranty and service programs.

EXAMPLE: Trade in your regulator, octopus, BC and computer console for an Oceanic Delta 4 Regulator, Air XS 2 Octo, Outrigger BC, and an ATOM Wristwatch to RECEIVE A $474.00 INSTANT CASH ALLOWANCE!

I was thinking WOW, MSRP is only $689 so minus $474 that's like $200 to trade my VT Pro for an Atom 2.0 SIGN ME UP!!!!

But, after calls to Leisure Pro, Scuba Toys and Oceanic, what Oceanic really meant to say was that you only get a 20% discount if you turn in an old computer and upgrade to the Atom 2.0. I assume that 20% off per component adds up to $474.

Oceanic meant to say trade in a reg, octo, BC AND computer and get $474. Very clever use of the word AND Oceanic!! I like how they said it in plain English, but I missed it completely and took it to mean what I wanted it to say.

I crunched the numbers and here's what I found:

From any Oceanic Dealer selling at MSRP
Atom 2.0
MSRP $689.95
20% off --> $551.96
Turn in your old computer

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Instant Cash Allowance

ScubaToys
$684.96
They just give you a 10% discount (cool!)
10% off -->$584.96
Keep your computer as a back up or sell it on ebay for $200??
This brings the total cost down to ~$380

ScubaToys-SF Search Engine Output Page

Leisure Pro
$629
No trade in just 9% off MSRP

Oceanic Atom 2.0 Air Integrated Hoseless Dive Watch from LeisurePro.com

Assuming you can get free shipping and don't have to pay sales tax, my money is with ScubaToys on this one.

If I've made a mistake in the calculation please point it out. I'm hungry for a good deal and very eager to upgrade my computer. Although I've been drooling over the Suunto D9 for a while, I don't mind staying in the Oceanic family if I can get a killer deal.

Cheers

Ok. Point of clarification. It appears that LP's Atom 2 comes with the Transmitter which is about a $300 value. So my numbers were a bit off.

You still need to get the $99 data cable though....

Hi

Please call Yankey at 800.637.6880, and he'll sell you the complete kit (with transmitter) for $624.95

Max

At 12:35 PM 8/1/2008, you wrote:

Hello,

I understand that Oceanic has an upgrade special going on where you can turn in a used Oceanic dive computer and upgrade to the Atom 2. I believe they are giving ~$200 credit or something to do so.

Are you aware of this special and can you honor it? I'm sure I have the details skewed, so please correct me where I'm wrong.

Thanks,

You should double-check with LP. It they're selling the regular Atom 2 package (which is what it looks like), then the download cable is included.

Back
Top Bottom