Dive Philippines or Malaysia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poordrss

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I come from Angeles City but have migrated to the US and have been living here in Orange County, California for the last 17 years. I am an economist by trade.

I have been diving here in Southern California and Puerto Princesa. In October I will have the opportunity to go to Malaysia on business. I am debating whether to extend my stay there and dive there or dive in the Philippines instead. I would like to ask those who have gone diving in Malaysia and how it compares to diving in the Philippines. Would my precious vacation time be better spent diving in the Philippines?

Thanks,
Sharon

Philippines

I've dived Tioman, Redang and a host of other small islands on the east side of West Malaysia and it's really nice. I've also dived off of Kota Kinabalu and Sipadan in Sabah.
I've dived Tubattaha, Boracay and surrounding area, Cebu a bit and West Panay (Antique Province....an area Baby D is familiar with:) in the Philippines....
It depends...where are you in Malaysia? How much more is it going to cost to stop by the Philippines in airfare? Do both. You can't go wrong. If I HAD to choose, I'd close my eyes and flip a coin....nah, I take that back, I'd go to the Philippines but more because it's home than for better diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom