Nemo LCD Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've had my Nemo for just over two years and it's performed flawlessly, with the exception of the battery being DOA...no biggie.

However, I finished up a nice leisurely dive last weekend during which my Nemo worked fine, only to glance at my wrist once ashore to check the time and discover that the display was filled with gibberish. The digital numbers are missing pieces, i.e. a 0 is missing the top and displays as a U, only some of the time ticks that count seconds around the face perimeter will display, AM/PM/ASC icons arbitrarily light and fade away, etc.

If I had to guess I would say that water has leaked in and damaged the LCD display, but I'm not certain. I opened the housing to check the battery, and both the battery and compartment appear to be fine...at least upon visual inspection. I DID notice that there appears to be no gasket or o-ring of any sort, but I don't know if the Nemo had one to begin with.

Regardless, I'm an American in Japan and my language skills aren't refined enough to express something this technical to local shops and dealers. And given that prices for everything in Japan are exponentially higher than most places, I'm reluctant to even try. Any suggestions you folks can throw me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Josh Turner

Back
Top Bottom