Help me w/ my Logbook template

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
I continue to work and upgrade the design for my logbook template. This is the version that I am currently using and I thought I might share it with you guys to get some more ideas about whether or not to add anything.

Let me know what you think.

-kkm

TECHNICAL NOTE:

1) This file was created in Excel 2000. The board software does want to allow me (it seems) to post a file with an .xls extension (the standard extension for an Excel spreadsheet). Therefore, the file you are downloading is going to have a .txt extension. PLEASE RENAME THE FILE BACK TO .XLS before trying to open the file.

2) When you open the file, you will be prompted with a dialog box asking whether you want to enable macros. Choose to enable them. I assure you there are no macros, no viruses, but becuase I chose to use some of the "checkbox" controls in Excel, it seems to think there are.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
2) When you open the file, you will be prompted with a dialog box asking whether you want to enable macros. Choose to enable them. I assure you there are no macros, no viruses, but becuase I chose to use some of the "checkbox" controls in Excel, it seems to think there are.

It does have macros, but they are empty.

Heres a new version with the macros removed.

I didn't realize the editor went in added procedure stubs automatically when you added a control to the sheet.

^&*#$%@#$ Microsoft...

I didn't realize the editor went in added procedure stubs automatically when you added a control to the sheet.

^&*#$%@#$ Microsoft...

Ah...Bill Gates was just trying to do you a favour. You got to love it when software does that.

You may want to kill the second column of signatures then increase the length of the sig lines on the left side stretch them all the way over to the right side. Nothing I hate worse than trying to cram in a sig in a little tiny spot where it doesn't come out natural (IMO).

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
You may want to kill the second column of signatures then increase the length of the sig lines on the left side stretch them all the way over to the right side. Nothing I hate worse than trying to cram in a sig in a little tiny spot where it doesn't come out natural (IMO).

What does this have to do with anything?

Looks nice. I like the layout you're using.

I'm thinking an equipment section would be nice. Somewhere to quickly record info regarding tanks, weights and exposure suits, etc.

What does this have to do with anything?

Welllll...you did ask for people's thoughts on the form, didn't you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom