Are there any "Cocoloco's" outside Palawan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For anyone who has been to Cocoloco Palawan, you know what I mean. It's a small, quiet, inexpensive, beautiful, rustic, and very simple dive resort. Great snorkling and diving or just lounging on the beach. In short, it's the perfect place.

Now, does anyone know of any other places like this in the Philippines? I've been to El Nido, Puerto Princesa and a few other places in Palawan, but they're just not the same. I'm going to be in the Iloilo area, and interested in finding a similar dive location there, but so far not much luck. Any pointers? We like it small, friendly, inexpensive and of course beautiful.

Yours, in the quest of paradise,

Ted

how about sogod bay in southern leyte? no sandy beach there though. and its not an island. but great diving , rustic, inexpensive.

That is exactly the sort of place we will build...now if I can just all that darn money together to build the resort(the house is killing me!).

I didn't know what Cocoloco looked like so I had to google it. I guess Coco Beach in Puerto Galera could be like Cocoloco.

Great replies! I'm checking out Sogod, any particurlar resort there you might recommend? Coco Beach sounds interesting. I checked out Puerto Galera on the web before, and came to the conclusion that it was too crowded. Coco Beach looks nice though, Have you been there?

Ted

there is an old cocolocos here on boracay that used to have another location on this isle back in the 70's but no, nothing like the resort you are talking of. I can go ask the owner tonight if she know of the others, Jenny's cool.

Paperdesk
Try Diverone.net
when are you going to iloilo?
if you are interested i could hook you up with the operator

Great replies! I'm checking out Sogod, any particurlar resort there you might recommend? Coco Beach sounds interesting. I checked out Puerto Galera on the web before, and came to the conclusion that it was too crowded. Coco Beach looks nice though, Have you been there?

Ted
try www.sogodbayscubaresort.com

we were there last February 2008....

For anyone who has been to Cocoloco Palawan, you know what I mean. It's a small, quiet, inexpensive, beautiful, rustic, and very simple dive resort. Great snorkling and diving or just lounging on the beach. In short, it's the perfect place.

Now, does anyone know of any other places like this in the Philippines? I've been to El Nido, Puerto Princesa and a few other places in Palawan, but they're just not the same. I'm going to be in the Iloilo area, and interested in finding a similar dive location there, but so far not much luck. Any pointers? We like it small, friendly, inexpensive and of course beautiful.

Yours, in the quest of paradise,

Ted

Sorry haven't dived in the Iloilo area but I thought there was some diving off of Gimeras Island. I'd recommend Apo Island/Dumaguete area and Malapascua my personal two top favorites. Sogod is nice and so is Cabilao.

Dang, sorry just google the resort - no you probably won't find anything as nice but I think if you spring for a bungalow on the beach at Malapascua it might come close. Apo doesn't have a nice sandy beach. Good luck.

Paperdesk
Try Diverone.net
when are you going to iloilo?
if you are interested i could hook you up with the operator

Cool site! Looks like they have some nice sites. I'm hoping to pass through in March/April. If we make it I'd love to do some dives there. Thanks,

Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom