Palwan or somewhere else near Cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver69

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am thnking about another trip to Philippines and am considering Palawan. However, I really don't know too much about the diving there.

Here is my situation:

I have dived the following locations in Philippines, and how I rate them:

Bohol (Cabilao Island) - So so
Bohol (Panglao) - not impressed
Moalboal X 2 - ok
Apo Island near Dumaguete - Good diving. Quite impressed by it and liked the atmosphere
Malapascua X 2 - Not very impressed except the Mandarin Fish night dive and seeing the Thresher sharks. But nice resorts
Southern Leyte X 2 - Nice bungalow at Peter's, but diving only so so, except for very nice night dive at the town pier
Donsol (Snorkle) - Whalesharks (WOW!!!)

I hope I am not offending anyone with my opinion of the dive locations above, but I am kind of spoiled with other dive locations: Outside of Philippines, Sipadan Island, Sangalaki, Cozumel, Maldvies, Lembeh Straits (great), Bali, Thailand etc.

I have limited time and I want to make the most out of my dive trip.

Can anyone give a run-down of the diving in Palawan (within easy travel) - I would love to go to Tubbataha Reef or Apo Reef, but not enough time for a live-aboard, and my wife is not too keen on diving all day and all night.

Would anyone have any recommendation for a dive destination near Cebu that rates high on your list?

Cheers.

Go to Coron Bay. See the wrecks, hang out, and just do nothing in the evenings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom