recommendations needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpasi

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i will be in Manila on a business trip and i am looking for recommendations for a weekend dive trip. any help is appreciated....

best options for a weekend dive out of manila is puerto galera and anilao...

both are 2.5 hours from manila, PG involves a 1hr boat trip across the channel...

PPDs go to anilao fairly often and it's easy to get with a group w/c drives costs down

PG has a flat rate so may come out cheaper if you're in a situation where there's only 1 or 2 of you in the group

both offer excellent diving for practically any preference (sorry no ice diving)

Jag

Weekend dive trip equals......Puerto Galera or Anilao.....you are pretty limited to those ....WONDERFUL, GORGEOUS, EASY TO GET TO, ONCE IN A LIFETIME dive locations.

guys you forget there's also subic for wreck and tech dives if that's what you prefer. but viz is not so good and fish life not so colorful. but this is the closest to manila for wreck and tech.

I'll second Anilao, or Puerto Galera. Both are close enough to drive down Fri. night and get to diving early Sat. morning. Anilao is great diving, but Puerto Galera has the most varied diving you could think of; Drift; rec.; tech.; deep; nature, (over 600 species of nudibranchs in the Verde Is. Passage), the Shark cave; etc.
Little LaLaguna beach is quieter than Sabang if that is what you would prefer. But Sabang is close enough to Little LaLaguna that you could have your party-time and still turn in early for a nights sleep.
Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers Action Divers can arrange diving and accommodations.
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom