Using a yoke reg on a DIN valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually yoke inserts was in place on ALL the dive tanks on the boat when I was in Egypt last august. No need for conversion kits. It is actually a much smoother way of doing things than yoke valves as theres no extra extensions or hassle for the ones using DIN regs (like myself)..

As far as 300 bar DIN valves goes - They also require 300 BAR DIN regs..

Someone is charging $14 for a DIN insert for a tank ?! Seriously ?!

As well as the fact every tank ive seen in the last 15 years already has one you can buy them here for roughly 8 pence.

I must have 8 in the cupboard next to me as every tank i buy has one and its the first thing i remove.

8p would be roughly $0.14

Do 200 bar DIN valves automatically have the dimple on the backside for the yoke screw? I know this is a fact for the valves designed to be convertible (the PRO valves as they're called around here) and I have several. I was just wondering if the inserts were applicable to ALL 200 bar DIN valves.

It probably doesn't matter to me, personally, because I just converted all my regs and tanks to DIN only.

Richard

All DIN convertible tank valves ive ever seen (ie all the ones that come with the insert) have the dimple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom