Useful Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When we were diving in the Pacific a few months ago, we noticed than many divers had a stainless steel rod about 12 to 14 inches long and about an eighth of an inch in diameter that they used to help anchor themselves in the strong currents we were experiencing. What we did not take note of was how they were keeping the rod from getting lost. We don't kno,w if they were using a lanyard of some kind or what. Anybody got an idea?

It can be a lanyard which you secure around your wrist. You can add a carabiner to secure to your BC when not in use.

Most that I've seen has a lanyard on them which they wrap around their hand while diving.

When out of the water I've seen that they typically clip it onto their BCD or store it in the corner between their tank and cam belt where their tank is touching their BCD.

I've also noticed that some scuba suppliers are selling them now in the US.

Hope this help.

Back
Top Bottom