Just got some goodies in from LP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psychocabbage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok..

So I ordered a few things, some early Mothersday gifts for the wife, and some stuff for me..

So I took her Tusa Reg setup and swapped all the low pressure hoses for XS Miflex hoses..
Weight before the hose swap : 5lbs even.
Weight after the swap: 4lbs 3oz.

The new hoses look so much better and should provide a much better profile.

I also purchased another Tusa Visulator mask from their used section in "D" Condition (demo).. This thing looks factory new and untouched. The wrapper has probably never been off this unit. The documents are all there untouched. For $39? This was a great purchase as I already have this mask and love it.

My final purchase was for the wife. Swapped out her rubber straps for some SS springs. After getting my Apollo Bio fins with SS Spring straps I was hooked. She saw me using them and requested them for herself.

Now we are waiting patiently for the water temps to get warmer.. 68* is too cold for us. haha

I will also add that the hoses will not lighten everyones rig as much as it did hers.
I changed all of her low pressure hoses and got a 13oz loss. Thats a good thing.

On my XS Tri metal rig I did the same and it only changed the weight 2-3oz. I did already have a 27" primary hose and went to a 30" but all my other hoses were standard and those are now all black miflex hoses. I went ahead and disassembled my regs while I was at it and made sure they were all clean and working properly.

While I didnt get to dive today at least I got to play with our gear! woo hoo!

Uhhgg... Some people just aren't happy unless they're bragging:D

Uhhgg... Some people just aren't happy unless they're bragging:D

hahah Havent started bragging yet! :p

hahha

I am working on getting the pics up and doing a more indepth review of the hoses. I tried one last year and was really happy with it. So we swapped all of our lp hoses out to see how it feels as a whole. So far, if it does save you weight, that makes sense for travelling.. not to mention the ease of use for packing since the hoses move so easily.. The next good bit is the drybag that you get with each hose! We are in drybag heaven here! Sure they are all small but whatever we put in there will be dry!

If you dropped 13 ounces in hose weight you probably should plan on adding another pound of lead to her belt as displacement is mostly uneffected. But the real issue is flexibility and ease of hose routing.

My wifes gear setup on our new tanks. Blue MiFlex hoses.
normal_scubatanks2.jpg

My gear.. All black MiFlex.
normal_scubatanks3.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom