Just purchased our most expensive SCUBA accessory.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psychocabbage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hows this for commitment to the sport/hobby/activity?

Its a 2003 Z71 4X4 Suburban.

normal_1.jpg

normal_5.jpg

normal_11.jpg

normal_13.jpg

We soley purchased it for the ability to get us to a from dive sites with all our gear (we had been using 2 vehicles in the past)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my first Suburban in 1974 to transport dive gear and pull a boat. I am now on my fourth one. When I travel I am a self contained dive shop including a compressor.

Was it on close-out? The 2010's are. :rofl3:

(sorry~ gallows humor)

Congrats! Get a new plate, that one is ratty!
And get her waxed if you haven't already... White needs wax!

I was expecting a boat :p

Nice. I bought a truck just for hauling dive gear too.

I only use it once or twice a month between Columbus and Ft. Lauderdale.

Attachments

• 737-7H4__N242WN__32505__Southwest__BFI__6-10-06__06.jpg
    737-7H4__N242WN__32505__Southwest__BFI__6-10-06__06.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 90
Looks good.

Fortunately, with it just being two of us, we don't need quite so large a gear-hauler, so we have one that gets 27 MPG.

The next time we need to trade in a vehicle, we might just take the plunge and get a 4WD. So far, we haven't really needed it yet.

Looks good.

Fortunately, with it just being two of us, we don't need quite so large a gear-hauler, so we have one that gets 27 MPG.

The next time we need to trade in a vehicle, we might just take the plunge and get a 4WD. So far, we haven't really needed it yet.

Ya.. lucky you! hahah. .We are 5 plus whoever we invite along. Weekend before last, we had 2 cars and 5 people since I drive a sporty car and the wife has a small sedan.. we both had to haul gear and people to get us all there.

While having to carry the load down a steep rut filled embankment about 70 yards I decided that we should look into getting a vehicle for this purpose. 1 week later we own it. Gotta love it when the significant other works like a team player! More proof that she is THE one for me!

I bought a truck when I started diving too....lugging all the gear in a small sedan was not cutting it. Good investment!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom