Fred T backPlate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey
Finally got my Halcyon BP, and finding the waist strap is not a waist strap as much as a rib strap. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem? Does anyone have a Fred T backplate for tall people ? If so, how long is it? The halcyon is 16 long, just curious about his.

Thanks

Danny

GeronimoDF once bubbled...
Hey
Finally got my Halcyon BP, and finding the waist strap is not a waist strap as much as a rib strap. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem? Does anyone have a Fred T backplate for tall people ? If so, how long is it? The halcyon is 16 long, just curious about his.

Thanks

Danny

PM either fredt or scottk for custom BP's. I think fredt is leaving out of town for a couple of days tomorrow so dont be bummed if you dont hear from him for a few days. I personally own a fredt heavy plate and really like it.

I have a Fred-T heavy (1/8”), extra long pattern and like it. It lowers the waist strap two inches and is about 11 pounds negative. I got it unfinished but next time, I'll pay to have it done. Not difficult but a PITA.

Mike

Make sure that you don't have the straps adjusted too short. The BP does not need to fit extremely tight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the "waist" strap was supposed to just below the diaphram and above the waist? That's the way I have it set up. My weight belt goes around my waist.

Hello,
It seems I have a very long torso, so I bought a FredT XL backplate which will put the waist strap in the right position. I am going to be pulling a shaft and prop off a sailboat on saturday, so I will tell you how it works out. Thanks again.

Danny

P.S. Brand new SS Halcyon going to be collecting alot of dust

Hey Guys,
Going to get rid of the backplate. Anyone interested, my email is DNehlsen@optonline.com. Rather a fellow scubaboarder gets it than a stranger. Thanks guys

Danny

Hey Guys,
Just wanted to tell you that FredT's backplate fixed all my issues and the bp setup was a dream to dive with. The prop kept on hitting me in the head, but that was all my fault. Thanks for all the info and another happy BP customer hear. The XL BP was exactly what I needed. The halcyon already has a new home. This board is just amazing. Can not say enough about it.

Danny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom