Trip help Cozumel or Fiji???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmitchell248

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys we are looking to do a late summer dive trip. We have never been to either of these locations and were hoping that some of you guys may be able to offer some advice.

The cost of both trips is similar when looking at 2 weeks. I am sure there are differences in the diving as well as the environment.

Our first option is a trip that a Dive Trip planner is putting on out of California
Fiji / Tonga Trip<- Link
There is a lot more travel with this trip but the area looks beautiful.

The second option is Cozumel and stay at a dive resort for 2 weeks offered by Divetrip.com Cozumel Dive Trip

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated

If you every have the choice between Caribbean or Pacific, always go pacific. The diving on the whole is simply better! IMHO

that's an easy one...... Fiji. :D

Cozumel is the most overated dive destination in Caribbean area IMHO. Before the hurricane a few years ago it was excellent, now it is mediocre diving and the cruiseships have taken over topside stuff. I doubt we will ever go back there as there are too many other places in Caribbean with better diving and topside, like Bonaire and Roatan.

robin:D

never dived Coz so if it was my money i would choose that... but then again, ive dived Fiji and the south pacific is my backyard

what do you want out of a dive trip is my question?

Keep in mind that late summer is prime hurricane season on Coz.

I have dived at both places. While I would never go back to Cozumel for the reasons cited by
robint, I would return to Fiji happily. It does depend on where in Fiji the trip would be, and I tried to open your Fiji link, but it came back as "Not Found". If the trip was with Kai Viti Divers, They have apparently closed, and their website is shut down as well.

Great airfare's now LAX to Fiji on Air Pacific (you get about 11,000 miles on American Airlines if you want, but must be a member of the AA frequent flyer club BEFORE your flight). Great Soft corals in Fiji, nice people. Leave LAX around midnight (e.g. on Thursday) and you arrive Saturday pre-dawn.
Just ten hour flight non-stop.
Cheap Flights - Flight Specials - Air Pacific

Air Pascific LAX-NAN-LAX
Departing between
10 Jun 09 & 31 Dec 09
Sale ends 14 Jul 09 $863
*USD *Return *Tax Included
(Air Fare $565 + Taxes $298)
You will have to pay a small cash departure tax when living Fiji, check to see how much it is.

Been to both. Not even close. Fiji by a mile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom