Basic Pee Valve question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe a stupid question but I've never dove with a Pee valve before... I just had a Dive rite balanced Pee valve put in my new TLS350. If I don't want to use it I can just let the hose hang free without worrying about a leak correct? No need to plug it because it's balanced meaning it has a one way valve?

That's the whole idea. It would be sort of counter-productive to have a pee valve that leaked back.

Figured it was a stupid question but I wanted to ask before I flooded the suit through the p valve lol

Something is wrong if it leaks back. You are not supposed to function as the plug :)

Another tip for new pee valve user if nobody has told you yet. It is particularly handy when not using the valve but very useful also when using.

If you have suspenders in your suit attach a little loop of velcro around your suspenders and thread the p valve hose through it. This way the hose does not dangle in your leg when not in use and donning the suit. After you pull the suit up, you can either leave the hose in the velcro or release it if you want to tuck it in another location. Neat and protects the hose from ending up down your leg or pulling off its connections.

Not sure if yours has a bolt, but if it does, close it...check valves can leak on balanced pee valves, and if it's not connected that can cause a flooded suit.

I'll have to take a closer look. What does the bolt look like? It's a a Diverite balanced P valve purchased about a month ago

Maybe a stupid question but I've never dove with a Pee valve before... I just had a Dive rite balanced Pee valve put in my new TLS350. If I don't want to use it I can just let the hose hang free without worrying about a leak correct? No need to plug it because it's balanced meaning it has a one way valve?

I never have problem with mine when not in use, I use TLS350, but my Pee Valve has a bolt, already ordered this way from DUI, when not in use I close it.

Isn't it possible that the leak is because of problems in the sealing where the valve go out instead of water coming through the valve itself?

I never have problem with mine when not in use, I use TLS350, but my Pee Valve has a bolt, already ordered this way from DUI, when not in use I close it.

Isn't it possible that the leak is because of problems in the sealing where the valve go out instead of water coming through the valve itself?

I think you misunderstood, I don't have a leak. Actually I haven't even dove the suit yet, I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom