Dive Report-Panama City Beach,June-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greengo233

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,
We had a great trip to Panama City Beach for our Advanced open Water Cert check out.Visibility on the Black Bart,Bridge Spans and The LOSS was Outstanding 50+.
Tha Seas on the otherhand were Crazy HIGH. 6-10 Feet on the night dive and daytime dives. Grouper were huge and mean.The stupid baitfish were so invasive you wasted dozens of good shots because of them.Got some amazing pics.Will upload soon.

YES i am sure about the Seas.Captians Mouth. They were crazy .Thay had to Cancel several trips out. The Big "O" dive got cancled. Ours was crazy trying to do a night dive in 6 to 7 foot swells .
The surge was brutal to about 20 feet ,below that it was cake.

Getting on the boat (my first) was an experience i will never forget.:confused:

On what day were there 6-10 ft seas? I know it was not the 26-28.

Yes it was that date . I am just saying what the Captian told us I have no idea how to judge the waves i just know it beat the heck out of all of us.:confused:

Well 6-10ft is huge.. Seas forcast were 1-3 Saturday. I was inshore and it looked choppy at best with a few slow rollers looking out there... Even talked to some divers getting off a boat and saw some great pics one took.. Looked like a great day. No shop I know of in PC will go out in 6-10 ft seas.

ugh. i can't remember ,we were suppose to go on the Scuba II but they said the seas were too rough so we went on the one next to it. i think it was the island runner ,but i could be mistaken.Sunday was the Chickaboom. The captians were great and i loved it but still rough as heck. He said they had cancled alot of trips out.??

You were probably with Rambo on the Island Diver, the other boat is the Reef Runner.. Hes a good guy and a great Capt and has the best deck hand in Paul..

not sure how you got 10 foot seas still?

the NOAA buoy south of Panama City "historical data" was only reporting only 2-3 foot seas and it was offshore. the Black Bart and bridge spans are all "inshore"

Here is the report for the month of June.

buoyStationGraph

Here is the report chart for Saturday the 27th.

buoyStationGraph

Back
Top Bottom